Yu was a young man with short dark hair, thin eyebrows and wide passionate eyes. He wore a standard Jujutsu High uniform with his jacket unbuttoned.
Yu was an optimistic and cheerful young man who was willing to prove himself to his upperclassmen. Regarding himself as a simple person who doesn't think too hard on things, he found pride and joy from being a jujutsu sorcerer as it was something he could do. He also considered himself a good judge of character.
Yu and Nanami are called on to assist Geto and Gojo with protecting Riko while they are at Okinawa. Yu expresses his excitement about helping out Geto and Gojo, while Nanami voices his opinion about how this is not an appropriate mission for first years. Later, Yu informs Nanami about how they are going to stay in Okinawa for one more day.
A year later, Yu meets up with Geto and the two have a conversation. Geto suddenly asks Yu if he likes being a sorcerer, to which Yu answers that he likes when he does things that only he can do. When Yuki Tsukumo shows up, Yu leaves for a mission while leaving Geto and Yuki to talk alone. During the mission, Yu is killed and his body is taken to the college morgue.
Years later, when Kento Nanami was at death's door after being attacked by Jogo and about to be killed by the special grade curse, Mahito, he remembered Yu and asked him why he returned to being a jujutsu sorcerer. Yu then appears in a vision and points to Yuji Itadori as his answer.
Overall Skill Level: Yu's skill was never shown. However, he was a sorcerer strong enough to be selected and trained at Tokyo Jujutsu High. He and Nanami were sent to take out was was believed to be a grade 2 cursed spirit, however it turned out to be a grade 1 and it was thus was too powerful for Yu, implying that his abilities were about grade 2 level.
- Yu likes girls who eat a lot.
- Yu doesn't come from a family of jujutsu sorcerers, but he does have a younger sister who can see curses.
- Yu sternly forbid his sister from going to Jujutsu High.
- Yu likes rice and people.
- According to Jujutsu Kaisen Official Fanbook:
- His hobby is hearty eating.
- Favorite dish: Rice.
- Least favorite dish: None.
- Cause of stress: None.
- If he was alive, he would think that Geto's betrayal was unbelievable.
- He respects Geto and Gojo because he only saw the good things that people did, he respected everyone the same.
- Him and Nanami got along pretty well. There were the only first-years at the time, so after Yu passed, Nanami was alone.
- Jujutsu Kaisen Manga: Vol. 9, Profile
- Jujutsu Kaisen Manga: Chapter 70 (p. 9-10).
- Jujutsu Kaisen Manga: Chapter 70 (p. 13).
- Jujutsu Kaisen Manga: Chapter 76 (p. 16-19).
- Jujutsu Kaisen Manga: Chapter 77 (p. 2-4).
- Jujutsu Kaisen Manga: Chapter 77 (p. 15-16).
- Jujutsu Kaisen Manga: Chapter 120 (p. 15).
- Jujutsu Kaisen Manga: Chapter 77 (p. 2).
- Jujutsu Kaisen Official Fanbook: (p. 68).