Known as the undisputed King of Curses (
His past appearance is described as a demon with four arms, and two heads. Currently, he appears similar to the host he is in, but with spiked hair and with special marks/lines on his forehead, nose, cheeks and torso. He also has a second pair of eyes under his normal eyes, which are usually closed. Sukuna also has two lines on both his wrists, upper arms, circles on both his shoulders with a dot in each, two segmented curve lines on his chest, and two lines are his stomach while possessing Yuji.
Sukuna wears a light-colored kimono with a black edge, a black scarf, and black shoes.
Sukuna has a sadistic personality and likes to see others suffer. He is also greedy, and always wants to stay in control of the situation without caring about the consequences.
Abilities and Powers
Overall Skill: Sukuna is a Special Grade Cursed Spirit. As the most powerful curse, Sukuna has a vast amount of Cursed Energy.
Strength: In Yuji's body he possesses a superhuman force, and managed to fling a person through several floors of a building without effort.
Speed: Sukuna has shown to move at incredible speed, which his opponent doesn't even notice that Sukuna has moved until it is too late.
Reflex: Sukuna can easily counter any opponent, and has shown to counter his opponent before they realize that their limb has been cut off.
Metamorphosis: Sukuna can create new eyes and mouths on his host, allowing him to see and speak without having to control the body of the host.
Durability: Sukuna was punched through five buildings and shown to be complete fine.
- Sukuna is based on the same-named figure from Japanese mythology: Ryōmen-sukuna (
両 面 宿 儺?). He is a demonic/specter-like figure described in the Nihon Shoki, said to have appeared in the Hida Province (today's Gifu Prefecture) in ancient times, during the reign of Emperor Nintoku.
- He was described as a man of inhuman strength, with a two-faced head plus a total of eight limbs, four arms and legs respectively that served each face. Wielding a multitude of weapons in his many hands (incl. a bow, arrow, and sword), he terrorized village after village in ancient Hida, plundering and leaving chaos in his wake. That is, until a brave military commander dispatched by the Imperial Court, named Takefurukuma, stepped forth and put an end to the monster's tyranny, expelling him from Hida.
- Ryomen-sukuna was worshipped by some as a minor deity, and statues depicting his distinctly two-faced head can still be found today in Gifu temples and shrines.
- Sukuna's kimono is very loose akin to a ladies' kimono, as such space granted him more comfort while having four arms in the past.
- Sukuna ranked 10th place in the manga's 1st Character Popularity Poll with 5,860 votes.