Shoko has long brown hair that extends past her shoulders, brown eyebrows, tired eyes, and a mole under her right eye. Shoko has also been shown to tie her hair in a ponytail with a light colored scrunchie. Shoko wears a white lab coat over a blue shirt and navy blue pants with cream colored high-heels shoes.
As a student, Shoko originally had shoulder length hair, didn't have the tired eyes, and wore a black jacket with a high collar. While testing Gojo's abilities, Shoko wore a long-sleeved black shirt, black shorts, and black shoes.
Shoko is a rather serious and gloomy person, shown to want nothing more than to get the job done, and often having to stop Satoru Gojo or get involved if he pokes fun at others. She's shown to be a rather valuable asset, being one of the only people that can heal others with the reversed healing cursed technique. She is implied to be somewhat of an alcoholic.
When she was a second year, she was rather laid back, in contrast to both Gojo and Suguru Geto. She would often try to avoid any escalating conflict as much as she could, and didn't take things seriously, mocking Geto for saying that he wished to create a world with only shamans in it.
When Shoko was a second-year student at the college, Shoko along with Gojo and Geto go to check up on Mei Mei and Utahime Iori after they haven't heard from them in two days. After making sure that Mei Mei and Utahime are okay and that the spirit has been handled, Utahime along with Geto and Gojo meet with Masamichi Yaga, where Gojo is punished for not putting up a screen. Later Shoko is with Geto and Gojo, as Gojo and Geto discuss the important use of screens. When Gojo and Geto start to argue about the strong protecting the weak and the role of sorcerers in this curse-filled world, Shoko quickly runs away.
A year later, Shoko and Geto help out with testing Gojo's technique. After Gojo explains how his new technique works, Shoko says that Gojo will fry his brain if he leaves the technique always active, but Gojo replies that he has a recovery technique active as well. Sometime later, Shoko has an encounter with Geto in Shinjuku, she calls Gojo and tells him she spotted their former classmate.
Shoko meets up with Gojo and Kiyotaka Ijichi, at the college morgue to examine Yuji Itadori's body. As Shoko is about to start the dissection, she is disappointed when Yuji is revived since she won't be able to examine his body. Shoko and Gojo then head out and talk about how they won't inform the higher-ups that Yuji is alive, since Gojo wants to increase Yuji's strength.
Shoko calls Kento Nanami and Yuji, and informs them that the cursed spirits they sent her were once humans. She explains how someone has transformed the humans' bodies and that they all had died from the shock of their bodies being transformed.
On October 31, Shoko has set up a place to heal wounded sorcerers during the Shibuya incident. Shoko is with Masamichi, and tells him that she doesn't need him there. Masamichi explains how they can't leave Shoko alone since she is the only one that can use reverse techniques to heal sorcerers who are wounded in battle. Shoko is with Masamichi when Sukuna delivers Megumi Fushiguro to them.
Abilities and Powers
- Shoko's surname contains the kanji for "house, family" (家 ie?) and "to enter" (入 iri?), and her first name contains "nitrate" (硝 sho?) and "child" (子 ko?).
- Shoko ranked 27th place in the manga's 1st Character Popularity Poll with 639 votes.
- Shoko doesn't like sweets, but she does like alcohol.
- It has been 5 years since Shoko stopped smoking. However, she picked up the habit again recently.
- Shoko was in the same year and class as Gojo.
- According to Jujutsu Kaisen Official Fanbook:
- Her hobby is drinking alcohol.
- Favorite dish: Alcohol.
- Least favorite dish: Sweet things.
- Cause of stress: Night shift.
- Shoko is the heaviest drinker in the series.
- She thinks Geto becoming a curse user was stupid.
- Rather than being closer to Gojo or the upper echelon, she’s neutral (non-political).
- After Shoko finished high school, she obtained her doctor's license in two years by cheating. She properly followed the national examination, but she made up her exam eligibility.
- Her only technique is reverse cursed technique.
- She has bags under her eyes because she is quite busy.