Satoru Gojo is a tall man, towering over his students, and is apparently considered attractive by many women. He has white hair that's often spiked up, but Gojo lets it down when he's in more casual attire. Gojo has bright blue eyes, but they're usually covered by his signature black blindfold or a pair of dark sunglasses.
While working, Gojo wears an all-black high-necked jacket with matching pants and dark dress boots. In the past, Gojo has worn bandages over his eyes rather than his simple blindfold. He has several different casual attires that usually include long-sleeved shirts and slacks. He even wears long-sleeved hoodies to the beach with black swim trunks.
Satoru is a complex individual. He is usually nonchalant and playful towards people such as his students, (close) colleagues, and friends, but unsympathetic and cruel with people such as the sorcerer executives. He is very confident in his abilities and reputation as a powerful sorcerer, casually dismissing personal threats from Sukuna by saying that he could trounce the King of Curses. In a crisis, Gojo is capable of being cold-blooded. He will prioritize his enemies' destruction over saving innocent people when he thinks that the sacrifice is unavoidable. However, this only extends to the people killed by his opponent; Gojo will not do any lasting harm to or kill anyone innocent to gain the upper hand.
Abilities and Powers
Overall Skill Level: Satoru is said to be the strongest sorcerer in the series, holding both immense amounts of cursed energy and a dangerously powerful technique. He has also demonstrated himself capable of utilizing the Domain Expansion technique.
Immense Strength: He possesses great physical strength to fight against powerful curses without a problem, delivering powerful punches and throwing Jogo a considerable distance with a single kick during their fight.
Superhuman Speed and Reflexes: Satoru is a speedy fighter, managing to follow the movements of Jogo effortlessly and throwing almost imperceptible punches and kicks. He was shown to be able to move faster than the eye can perceive. Satoru can also eliminate a thousand transfigured humans in five minutes.
Tactical Intelligence: Gojo is quite tactical and capable of figuring out his opponent's plan with minimum information. He has also shown to be extremely adaptable to any enemy he has ever faced so far, knowing precisely what to do to counter their techniques and find ways to defeat them.
- According to Akutami, Gojo is probably over 190 centimeters tall (6' 3").
- He started eating sweets to stimulate his brain but ended up with a sweet tooth.
- He can do anything he tries, so he tries not to get too involved with anything. According to him, this is all for the sake of the next generation.
- Principal Yaga was Gojo's teacher when he was a student.
- Gojo's face was regularly shown in the JUMP GIGA prequel: Jujutsu Kaisen 0: Jujutsu High (all four chapters).
- Gojo ranked 3rd place in the manga's 1st Character Popularity Poll with 16,923 votes.
- The name ‘Satoru’ (さとる, サトル) is a masculine Japanese given name derived from the Japanese verb meaning "to know" or "understand." Satoru can be written using different kanji characters, which mean (悟る) "be spiritually awakened" or "attain higher perception.” Other name meanings include but are not limited to "enlightenment" (悟), "wisdom" (智), and "philosophy" (哲).