Among those he has possessed was Noritoshi Kamo over 150 years ago, as whom Kenjaku became known as history's evilest sorcerer and a stain on the Kamo Family. Currently, Kenjaku possesses the body of the deceased Suguru Geto—whom he chose for his Cursed Spirit Manipulation—and has assumed his identity as Pseudo-Geto (
As Noritoshi Kamo, Kenjaku takes the same appearance as Noritoshi himself, only with a stitched scar running horizontally through his forehead.
As Suguru Geto, Kenjaku takes the same appearance as Suguru himself, only with the same stitched scar through his forehead. It was shown that Kenjaku was able to remove the top part of his head in Suguru's body and reveal his brain.
While in the body of Suguru Geto, Kenjaku displays a relaxed, cheerful and cocky attitude.
Although willing to work with cursed spirits to achieve his own ends, he reacted negatively when these spirits acted like they were his equal. He proved to be a civil collaborator as he told Jogo and the others exactly what they needed to do and even formed a friendly bond with Mahito. In his spare time Kenjaku would even play board games with them. This relaxed and condescending attitude remained during fights, where he would praise the abilities of his opponents. Although Kenjaku occasionally pauses claiming that he is talking like somebody else. This implies that at least some of his habits come from the original Geto's personality influencing him.
As shown in his conversation with Yuki Tsukumo, Kenjaku believes that the next stage of human evolution is not "removing themselves of cursed energy", but is instead "optimizing cursed energy". This belief being the main reason to his actions and all of his unethical and inhuman experimentation on both cursed spirits and human beings and the main motivation for his current plots.
Abilities and Powers
Overall Skill Level: As a thousand-years old sorcerer, he possesses incredible knowledge about curses, cursed techniques and jujutsu world overall. He was stated by Tengen to be the second most powerful barrier user after himself. During his possession of Noritoshi Kamo, he became known as history's evilest sorcerer and he is able to create special grade cursed objects Cursed Womb: Death Paintings thanks to his experiments.
In Suguru Geto's body, he has led a group of incredibly powerful special grade curses and made them into a functioning team capable of being a great threat to the Jujutsu world and Japan. He makes great use of his current cursed technique, arguably more knowledgeable about it than its original user.
Master Hand-to-Hand Combatant: Due to his more than 150 years of existence, Kenjaku has amassed a variety of experience with hand-to hand combat. This was proven when he contended with and overpowered Choso in a battle of pure physical blows.
Immense Tactical Intellect: Kenjaku's greatest asset, however, is his immense amount of intelligence and planning. Kenjaku can lay plans which are so advanced, they can span millennia before coming to fulfillment.
In the modern age, he is the mastermind behind Mahito's group and the entire Shibuya Incident, including the eventual sealing of Satoru Gojo. He is the reason why the group was even able to function, due to the vastly opposing nature of the cursed spirits' personalities. Kenjaku masterminded the attack on Jujutsu High and is the organizer of the Culling Game and its rules.
The only weakness to his planning, however, seems to be the Six Eyes, but he has seen a way around that in the modern age. He is a skilled manipulator, as he planned to make Mahito and Jogo grow, only to absorb them, something that he achieved with the former, but not the latter due to Sukuna killing him. Due to his intelligence, he can quickly deduce the strengths and weaknesses of cursed techniques and has a deep, fundamental understanding of Jujutsu as well.
Battles & Events
- The Shibuya Incident
- Jujutsu Sorcerers & Choso vs. Pseudo-Geto & Uraume
- According to Jujutsu Kaisen Official Fanbook:
- He was able to take over Geto because his body was not cremated.
- He doesn't heal the scar on his forehead because it’s a Binding Vow.
- The brain that takes over Geto’s body is a physical part of Kenjaku’s flesh, so he can be seen by normal people. He has his own technique in the body that he left behind, so he can sort of have two cursed techniques. When he moves over, the technique from his original body disappears, but he has a lot of tricks up his sleeve.
- Mahito's group does not know that someone has taken over Geto's body. They simply think he is a curse user who knows a lot.
- He has a strictly business-only relationship with the other cursed spirits. In reality, he looks down to the cursed spirits who have organized themselves, but both sides do the same, so it’s not a problem.
- In a one-on-one fight, he can take on his fellow cursed spirits and use his technique on them. But he thinks Jogo and Mahito would be quite tough.
- He has never considered taking over the bodies of Gojo and Toji. Gojo is an impossible option. Simply put, he can’t be killed. Toji isn’t impossible, but if Kenjaku was to take over Toji’s body, there’s a chance that Toji’s Heavenly Restriction and Kenjaku's technique may clash.