Soaring Summer and Returning Autumn (逝く夏と還る秋 Iku natsu to kaeru aki?) is the first light Novel; written by Kitaguni Ballad and illustrated by Akutami Gege.
After the incident at Satozakura high school, Itadori got to know a youth who was bothered by curses however even when the curse was defeated, it kept reviving and coming back, continuing to attack the youth. Gojou noticed that Itadori was so guilty about not being able to save Junpei that he had completely lost his confidence and asked him a certain question....the entire book contains 5 short stories 
- Chapter 1: Wandering Around During A Day Off Fushiguro Megumi and Itadori Yuji wander around Akihabara on their day off. However, noticing their teacher, Gojo Satoru was also there, they tail him, watching as he eat crepes, play capsule toy machines and even enter a maid cafe.
- Chapter 2: Resurrection Puppet Nanami Kento gets sent to a mission in Hokkaido to investigate a shady website that supposedly sells puppets that claim to be able to bring back the dead. Gojo Satoru goes with him for other reasons of his own and they soon encounter a mother with one of those puppets.
- Chapter 3: Fables From The Dark Jogou, Hanami and Mahito find a place in the city which they could call their stronghold but finding the decor in that place distasteful, Mahito went to find another suitable place he could call his secret base. However, when he found that suitable place, he encountered a blind old man who could apparently "see" him.
- Chapter 4: The Hardworking Ichiji-Sensei After the events at the detention centre and Itadori's revival, Gojou Satoru gets sent on a mission for a few days. So he asks Ichiji Kiyotaka to let Itadori stay at his apartment for a few days.
- Chapter 5: A Guardian Phantom Patrolling