Akari has neck-length light-colored hair with dark roots that is swept to the left side and light-colored triangle eyebrows.
She wears a black long sleeved jacket over a white button down shirt and tie, black pants and black shoes.
Akari is a a kind and caring person who is quite serious while working.
Akari drives Yuji Itadori, Megumi Fushiguro and Nobara Kugisaki to their next mission and discusses the details of the mission with them. Akari also accompanies the three to the school that all the victim that attended. Akari then listens as they all find leads to what kind of cursed spirit they are trying to find. Akari then drive to three to the location of the lead, but they find a notice when they investigate. After they are done investigating, Akari talks with the other on what to do next. When two students arrive who know Megumi, Akari listens as the students explain what is happening to them and how it is linked to their lead. After listening to the students, Akari drives Yuji and Nobara to the inn while Megumi deals with the cursed spirit.
Later, Akari goes to check on the kids and notices that they are not there. She wonders where they are and heads over to site of the investigation. As she makes it to the bridge, Akari manages to find the three and calls out to them.
On October 31, Akari meets with Naobito Zenin, Maki Zenin and Nobara Kugisaki at Shibuya Mark City Restaurant Avenue Entrance. Akari informs them about the situation with the curtain and that they will be on standby for now. Later, Akari is contacted by Kiyotaka Ijichi who tells her that she should exit the screen and be in constant contact with the other managers so that they can be in contact with everyone but suddenly hears that Kiyotaka is attacked by someone. Akari heads into the screen to inform Nobara, Maki and Naobito what had happened where Maki has Nobara and Akari head to where Kiyotaka is at. After awhile the two encounter an enemy, Haruta Shigemo. Akari heads off while Nobara faces Shigemo but he finds out where she is and attacks her. When Kento Nanami arrives, Shigemo attempts to use Akari as a hostage but she manages to crawl away from him during the confusion. After Nanami defeats Shigemo, Akari listens as Nanami says that Kiyotaka is okay and that Satoru Gojo has been sealed. Nanami then tells Akari and Nobara to stay here, as he heads out to go help Gojo.
At 11:14pm, Nobara leaves Akari with a paramedic team to be taken for treatment by Shoko Ieiri. Akari begs for her to not rejoin the battle but Nobara leaves to go help the others.
Abilities and Powers
Currently it is unknown what Akari is capable of.
- Akari's surname contains the kanji for "new" (新 ni?) and "rice field" (田 ta?), and her first name contains "bright" (明 akari?).
- Akari ranked 38th place in the manga's 1st Character Popularity Poll with 242 votes.
- According to Jujutsu Kaisen Official Fanbook:
- She likes modifying cars (custom cars).
- His favorite dish is fried yakisoba covered in a thick salty sauce (tons of mustard).
- She hates monkfish livers.
- Her source of stress comes from when her little brother doesn't listen to her.
- Akari only recently started to be head of assistants.
- Gege Akutami revealed that for her character design, he wanted a simple character.
- Akari aspired to be an assistant from high school. It was to keep an eye on her little brother. She supposedly graduated from Kyoto School.
- She is an ex-Yankee.
- Jujutsu Kaisen Official Fanbook: (p. 56).